Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Beginning

Well here we go.....Liz told me that I needed to do this so I am. OK and so did Anissa. So ladies here you go.

We made it to Utah. I'm sad to have left Germany but the change is good. We did the craziest trip ever to get here, but is well worth it. We saw so much stuff on the drive here. We went to Cabelas with my dad and played with guns in West Virginia. We went to the Football Hall of Fame in Ohio with my mom. (For those who don't know, CANTON OHIO IS THE BIRTHPLACE OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! RECOGNIZE!!!!!!!!!!!) We also went to Build-A-Bear (will post pics later) with Nana and we all built a bear, even Brandon. They are so cute. We all, i do mean all even the kids, got thrown out of Wal-Mart in Missouri with Mema, Pappap, and Brent! Good family bonding time with my in law's. Then we drove, and drove, and drove. We had the best steaks ever in Grand Island, Nebraska. Went shopping in Laramie, Wyoming. And we saw some cool things on the way. All in all we visited WV, OH, IN, IL, MO, NE, IA, WY, KS, UT, and the boys went Oklahoma with Mema. We drove two vehicles halfway across the country. We must be crazy.

We found a house. It is about a third of the size as our house in Germany. So things are so cramped, but we are getting through it. We have most of the house unpacked and are working on the last two rooms. Now we get to deal with Christmas decorations as well as the last of the unpacking. Once I get the house together I will post some pics. Work is ok. We are going to be seperated for a few months due to work. It stinks but it is the job that we chose to do.

Oh, we got some snow today. The mountains are gorgeous. I love when the clouds lay over the tops of them then roll off the back to reveal a blanket on snow at the peaks. It is awesome. We are going to try to go snowboarding before he leaves but we'll see.

I'm tired now, so I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

3HappyHippies said...

Im so glad you have a blog, that is totally awesome you crashed under the pressure. It is fun and addictive. All the cool people are doing it! You rock chica.

THE HIGH LIFE FAMILY said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suckered into starting a Blog site. I finally did it too with certain people bugging me about it. But now that it's done I just need to blog more which hasn't happened a whole lot lately but it will.